Youth Wave is implementing a 5 year programme called Power to You(th)(PtY). The programme’s strategic objective is to contribute to the inclusion of marginalized adolescent girls and young women especially those from underserved communities. It seeks to ensure they are meaningfully included in all decision-making processes regarding harmful practices, unintended pregnancies and SGBV.
The programme is being implemented in Machinga and Dedza with support from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
Job Purpose: To provide leadership in Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Learning and Research (PMELR) processes in the Power to You(th) programme. Develop, implement and coordinate an effective and efficient program and project monitoring and evaluation system: Manage project’s M&E Plans, Sit in technical working group (TWG) meetings with all country representatives and (technical) partners., ensure programme outcome alignment with related requirements; lead the coordination mechanism of the central learning agenda; and manage central budget on operational Research.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
|Monitoring and Evaluation||Ensure relevance; efficiency and effectiveness of programme implementation to our beneficiaries|
|Coordination||▪ Facilitate the TWG meetings that encourage participation and exchange
▪ Coordinate central learning exchanges and capacity strengthening
|Support||Provide technical assistance on monitoring and evaluation system within Youth Wave;|
|Analysis||Take a leading role in the measurement of outcomes and results of the country programme|
|Other M&E processes||▪ Coordinate target setting based on baseline process
▪ Provide guidance on annual reflection process
▪ Coordinate process of indicator contextualisation
▪ Coordinate development of generic tools and guidelines and reporting timeline
▪ Promoting Meaningful Youth Participation in PMELR processes
- Bachelor of Science in statistics, public health, economics, data science, biostatistics, informatics or any related field. Those with a Master’s degree will have an added advantage but it is not a requirement.
- At least a minimum of 2 years’ working experience at a national level specifically on M&E and research processes.
- Experience on work related to the Power to You(th) key topics: harmful practices, SGBV and unintended pregnancies
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks and ToCs for lobby and advocacy outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and facilitating partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing complex projects, including budgets and managing consultants.
- Experience working with youth-centred projects and/or working with youth led and grassroots organisation.
- Be aged 25 and below
- Qualified young women are encouraged to apply.