Youth Wave is an innovative youth-led NGO working on Health (SRHR, HIV, Mental Health), Education, Gender Equality, Civic Engagement and Advocacy. Our vision is a global village where young people are able to live their dreams and lead change. We exist on a mission of developing the next generation of young leaders and empower them to solve the world’s toughest challenges using innovative solutions in sustainable ways
We are currently implementing a 5-year programme called Power to You(th)(PtY). The programme’s strategic objective is to contribute to the inclusion of marginalized adolescent girls and young women especially those from underserved communities. It seeks to ensure they are meaningfully included in all decision-making processes regarding harmful practices, unintended pregnancies and SGBV.
The programme is being implemented in Machinga and Dedza with support from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)in partnership with Rutgers, Sonke and Amref.
Youth wave is seeking firms/individual consultants to develop an electronic monitoring and evaulation system to effectively track progress of projects for our organization. The M&E system will be able to add projects, monitor project implementation, track progress and data collection, share trends and data management and generate reports that contribute to transparency and accountability. The consultant will work with the management and technical team during the assignment. Below are more details of the assignment and requirements.
Position: Consultant-M&E Specialist
Scope of work
- Work with project staff to identify and define project(s) key indicators
- Design a data capturing, processing and storage electronic tool
- Train and mentor key staff to properly develop, use, update and make changes to the database and use of the e-lectronic data captuting tool system. Create User Manual and be available for backup and troubleshooting
- Indicator definition booklet [outputs, outcomes and impact indicators]
- Electronic Monitoring and Evaluation System
- Training guide/manual
- Monitoring and reporting templates
- Five years’ expertise in information system management especially on web-based software platforms and database administration
- Knowledge of e-records and eMonitoring tools is a must.
- Previsous experience of traceable similar work
- The team leader or member should be below the age of 35 as this is a youth lead initiative.
Advanced degree (Masters level) in a relevant field (computer science, data/information/health management, econometrics, advanced statistical analysis, information technology, and software engineering).
We seek an individual consultant or a firm with practical electronic monitoring and evaulation system implementation experience. Youth Wave expects not more than 10 pages of a technical proposal that must include the following points:
- A description of your experience customizing and deploying electronic monitoring and evaulation system
- A description of your proposed method for completing the project, to include planning sessions, the outline of the key steps and the sequence of the work, etc.;
- A clear and detailed timeframe to complete the tasks, with an indication of timelines against individual deliverables;
- A clear itemized budget, detailed timeframe to complete the task, with an indication of timelines against individual deliverables.
- A brief description of possible integration with other data management platforms to allow fetch of project-related data for analysis and producing necessary reports.
The duration of the assignment is for 35 days. A flexible approach will be employed based on the finally agreed-upon schedule of deliverables.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send the technical proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “YW M&E ELECTRONIC SYSTEM” by 27th August 2021. Youth Wave will evaluate the responses to this Request for Proposal based on the consultants’ ability to provide a general overview of the services your organization provided in the past, including number of years in the business, number of relevant professional consultants or CVs, and experience of working with clients on a similar assignment including follow-up support.
Under 35 qualified young women, those living HIV and disability are encouraged to apply.