Finance and Administrative Officer
With a vision of a global village where young people live their dreams and lead change, Youth Wave is an innovative Youth led NGO working on Health, Education, Gender Equality, Civic Engagement and Advocacy. Our Mission is to develop the next generation of young leaders and empower them to solve the world’s toughest challenges using innovative solutions in sustainable ways.
We are currently looking for a Finance and Administrative Officer to join our team for a programme called Power to You(th).
Youth Wave is implementing a 5-year program called Power to You(th)(PtY). The programme’s strategic objective is to contribute to the inclusion of marginalized adolescent girls and young women especially those from underserved communities. It seeks to ensure they are meaningfully included in all decision-making processes regarding harmful practices, unintended pregnancies and SGBV.
The programme is being implemented in Machinga and Dedza with support from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
Job Purpose: Providing support to overall financial management and administration of projects taking place at Youth Wave. This will involve executing finance, accounting and administrative activities in an efficient and effective manner following organizations and donor policies.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
|Key responsibility areas and associated tasks|
|Budgeting and reporting:||· Support the management in preparing a project according the budgeting cycles
· Support management in preparing the Project and consolidated organizational reports
· Participate in the management and control of the budget reviews
|Cash and Bank Operations
|· Raising of cheques and Cheque Payment Vouchers (including initiating online payments) based on the approved requests
· Posting of all cheque payments vouchers into Online QuickBooks accounting system on daily basis
· Petty Cash and fuel float management (including capturing related expenses in Online QuickBooks)
· Preparing monthly bank reconciliation as per Youth Wave policies
|Travel Advances and Accounting Recording keeping
|· Filing all the documentation supporting the transaction systematically and well referenced to that in the Online QuickBooks
· Printing and filing all the email instructions or any relevant information for future reference
· Supporting the organization staff members in the advances management
· Reports the unsettled advances by staff as at month end to management before a monthly financial review meeting
|· Management of procurement processes as per the Youth Wave policies and donor guidance
· Ensuring organizational assets are properly management according to organizational policies
· Ensuring contracts/ agreements are on file
· Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, all utilities paid for and supplies are available as needed
· Provide assistance in organizing events, attend meetings and record notes
Qualification, skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Degree in accounting or business administration obtained from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 2 years of continuous working experience in managing donor funding
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Applicants should be aged 25 and below
Candidates who meet the qualifications above should submit their updated CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 23rd July 2021