This is a unique signature leadership programme, led by Youth Wave, that aims at building the next generation of servant and selfless youth leaders who are passionate and committed to changing the lives of young people and impacting communities by solving the world’s toughest challenges using innovative solutions in sustainable ways. The Changemakers have track record of leadership skills and are drawn national- wide from youth-led NGO’s, networks, clubs, institutions of higher learning and other development structures at national, district and community level. The programme involves tailor-made capacity building designed to necessitate personal growth and development. The programmatic focus areas are: Health, Gender, education, Civic engagement and Advocacy (social accountability).
- Be on the ground doing the work and ability to use the power of digital media
- Belong to a registered youth-led organisation or network
- Good understanding of SDG’s and be between 16 and 30 years old
Roles of Changemakers
- Inspiring and mobilising others to implement change process
- Thinkers who use problem-solving skills to deal with problems related to change.
- Support youth leaders and making the case for change again and again. Identifying a cause near to their heart and leading change
- Access to funding opportunities
- Joint proposal development, fundraising and resource mobilisation
- Networking platform with bright young minds
- Spotlight in the Changemakers Waveflash
- Catalyst for personal and professional growth
- Opportunities for capacity building, and
- Supportive global village for youth leaders.
Instructions for applying
Send as a Word document or PDF, the application should contain the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your work (already done, being done or planned).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com not later than 5pm on Friday, January 29th 2021.